Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baby got..SHOES. Pair#10

Finished the shoes for one of my best friends' niece, knocking off only a couple hours off the end of my spring break; definitely worth it, for them and i as well. She completely forgot i had these shoes(since a month or two ago) till just the other day! I know how to surprise(; Anyways..my friend said to make them colorful..and associate them with music because that was what her niece is into, so that was a legitimate start. I initially wanted to dye a line on the white outer soles red..thought it'd look nice, and i thought it would work because these shoes aren't quite the largest canvas so it'd add some extra 'pop'. i scratched that after finding no dye that would endure time, and painted this work impromptu after a week of playing the lone traveler//


I'd like to think that someday when Emileigh is looking through her baby box, she comes across these and thinks back upon the person who painted them. I hope in her mind she creates an image of what that person looks like, what kind of art they were into, lifestyle, what they were going through when they painted these and where they were in life. Just..create that person based on this work. Would they look like me? Keep that in mind next time you check out a painting, something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment