Thursday, April 12, 2012

COD Juried Student Art Exhibit//Reception



I'd say it's been a pretty successful week//
  • Grabbed 2nd place at the COD Juried Student Gallery Exhibit, with a suit painted in time for the occasion.
  • ^Rocked my personal shoes at this event^
  • Finished painting/tweaking/cleaning my mirror(pics to come).
  • Received an email confirming my Studio Art transfer credits accepted at MCAD.
  • Received graduation information from COD
  • One week closer to getting out of COD..but one more week of of pressure added to deciding on a school..
  • Minimal depression this week :DS-<

with a few minor setbacks, i can't complain. Opening reception pics//
Your Own Private Idaho
Sport coat

Refuz



Reverse reverse
There were a lot of great overall pieces in the show, so placing at all was a blessing for me. I had a great time meeting other artists, talking about methods, techniques, critiquing each other, just having a great time. Some close friends also made it in the show, so  with events like this it's always nice to know where you stand among a certain program.  I feel like i needed this, plus YOPI has been hanging in my room for the past year or so, so it was nice to finally get recognition in light of some outside jurors. Just a great night, this hasn't happened for me in a while, usually i'm pretty humble with where i am with my work. Who said a fancy sport coat couldn't help with a little celebration?

No comments:

Post a Comment