Thursday, February 9, 2012

Update!

1. Found parts for this guy!!//


..finally. Should be here tomorrow(Friday) or sometime early next week.  Can't wait!
Good thing V-Day is cleared of gf's for me *sheds tear*





2. New semester, new medium. I haven't really been one for water color, being comfortable with more controllable, dry(er) mediums, but hey, what's there to lose? I've had this piece in mind that i've wanted to paint for a while now(using an acrylic wash and ink), and i thought using watercolor would get me used to that; letting the medium do its own thing and for me to not be as neat/controlling of the medium(as i am with life, go figure). And i've worked with acrylic washes before.. but not to the extent of what i want to accomplish in the work i've had in the back of my head. anyways, first legit watercolor in progress// 



It's odd..as much as i love working tightly with detail and precision, i absolutely love watercolor and the different application methods. Still learning how to become more loose with it however. Above left is a photo i took back in August 2011, love it, gonna miss this place. Count Casa R.I.P.(more to cover on that later)..

And to the left was not originally intended as a work..but moreso to test colors/methods, guess i'm proving myself wrong! expect more of these drawings.


No comments:

Post a Comment