Thursday, January 19, 2012

Welcome the the world..Finally. Shay. January 2012.



The white 'dots' showing where
I applied the frisket  
For the past month I've been working on and off these shoes, these same ones I painted for the NNHS demo on 12.9.11. Literally, these have given me hell. If you're not familiar with liquid frisket, it's a masking tool(obviously liquid) for uses similar to that of a primitive stencil to create texture, hold undertones etc. I found out the hard way that applying this to an unprepared surface such as canvas shoes is neither a time-saver nor a favorite past-time..which is why I'm getting these up so late. I spent a good amount of my winter break struggling to peel this stuff off. These are the 9th pair of shoes I've painted, second pair using airbrush. My first goal was for these guys to be done by  the weekend after the demo..then new years..yea right..21st birthday is more like it- took me long enough. Which reminds me..I've been waiting 3 months since I painted these(Pinks pictured in above post at the NNHS demo) to rock them tonight for my birthday, plans changed, didn't get that chance. Will reschedule for another night. Was nothing short of a great time though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment